This position supervises and maintains Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs including but not limited to microbiological testing, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs, in-house and third party audits, quality evaluations and compliance certifications. This position directly supervises department team members and ensures that work is performed in compliance with Quality and Food Safety requirements at all times. Frequent and effective inter-organizational communication and contact with third-party testing labs is required.
This is a year-round position based in San Juan Bautista, CA with travel requirements throughout the year. The position has rotating shifts and fluctuating hours based on business needs.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.ebfarm.com
- Ensure team members take scheduled breaks and lunches, and finish shifts on time.
- Address and correct employee performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Manage and execute the training and development of team members on Department and Earthbound Farm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and monitors systemic sampling of incoming raw products, finished products and plant environment for safety and quality using established standard operating procedures.
- Develop new and improved ways of testing and monitoring food safety using knowledge of chemistry, microbiology and other sciences.
- Supervise food sampling procedures to ensure compliance with company and government regulations and standards for safety and quality.
- Assists management with internal audits, document audits, vendor audits, USDA audits, FDA audits and other third party audits such as BRC.
- Manage internal control samples, testing, and record keeping ensuring completeness; review written and electronic records for accuracy and validity of results; provides management with copies of test records and reports.
- Identify areas for improvement in the food safety testing and sample processing; participate in addressing corrective and preventative actions including conducting root cause analysis.
- Evaluate food processing and storage operations and assist in the development of quality assurance programs for such operations; recommend and help implement corrective action initiatives ensuring food safety issues and concerns are resolved in a timely manner while minimizing customer risk, cost and production down time.
- Coordinates pre-operation inspection and verifies effective execution of sanitation activities.
- Coordinates with third party labs, the raw receiving department, production team and food safety management regarding the communication of approval to release raw product for processing.
- Participate in daily Operations staff meetings and weekly tailgate meetings.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Hazard Communication, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime as business requires.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed; provides leadership and guidance to less experienced team members and business partners.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.