As part ofour Industrial and Biomaterials Solutions team, the Sr. Industrial Solutions Specialist will complete product ideation, prototype development and performance analysis work to supplement our product solutions portfolio and enhance our market differentiation. Reporting to theSr. Mgr, Innovation and Specialty Liquid Solutions, this individual will support technology development by leading and serving on cross functional product development teams as well as identifying external technology and partnerships that would elevate portfolio value. Additionally, the Chemist will work closely with applications and sales teams to understand performance needs and validate product value propositions. He/she will also support our existing product line through customer consult and improvement efforts.
· Handle daily planning and work execution to complete projects and assignments in a timely manner.
· Follow company protocols and established guidelines for safety, housekeeping, GMPs while performing experimentation.
· Plan, carry out laboratory experiments and organize appropriate data.
· Maintain and record laboratory activities in electronic lab notebooks.
· Analyze results and prepare findings in summary reports. Construct moderately complex data ables and graphs.
· Effectively communicate findings and recommendations verbally and through written reports.
· Proactively propose and research new product ideas, review prior art and identify solutions to achieve performance.
· Actively participate in Stagegate development protocol.
· Seek to understand market dynamics and customer needs through interaction and research of key customers, strategic markets.
· Support team projects through assisting with results analysis and offer suggestions to advance team learnings.
· Set up and operate lab equipment to complete routine and non-routine testing.
· Understand, adapt and modify lab procedures to meet project requirements.
· Work collaboratively with sales and application teams to understand and prioritize key performance needs and business opportunities.
· Independently carry out assignments and review data for accuracy and trends.
· Effectively interact with cross-functional project and innovation team members through written and oral communication. Collaborate with colleagues offering individual contributions that support project goal delivery and project plan execution.
· Actively seek guidance and feedback from supervisor and explore development and improvement opportunities (training, different assignments, etc.).