AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing co. that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for a Food Technician, Sandwiches-ENTRY LEVEL (Food Prep, Kitchen Exp). Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Technician-Food Research & Development, Sandwiches is responsible for supporting the R&D Scientists in developing new products and renovations to current products. Key responsibility for product preparation for evaluations of project prototypes, analysis of competitive products and development of preparation instructions. This position will have primary responsibility for organization and upkeep of R&D lab/kitchen, sample storage and stocking of ingredients and supplies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Bench top product testing.
• Evaluate functional ingredients and bakery items for cost reduction/substitution.
• With assistance, perform the process to set up and complete tests on the production floor, generate formulas and paperwork to inform production of tests, and evaluate samples. Provide information on revision or modification of existing products so that Ross can be updated.
• Understand yield methodology and work with R&D Scientists to gather line data for analysis.
• Assist R&D staff with initial production runs; interacting with Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering Departments.
• Gather, store and prepare samples as directed for shipment to partners.
• Maintain records of samples in storage. Keep storage areas in lab and freezer space neat and orderly.
• Provide accurate product information to Cost Accounting to maintain the Ross integrity.
• Verify cooking, heating, holding instructions and shelf life of all products.
• Assist in customer visits as needed.
• Be involved in the innovation process for new idea generation.
• Working with R&D staff, keep kitchen/lab, storage space neat and orderly.
• Establish practices for cooperative work in lab space.
• Establish practices and coach team on safety in the workplace.
• Stock core supplies and ingredients for efficient work of R&D team.
• Help conduct necessary scientific experiments; projects and data collections in order to provide technically sound products and packaging.
• Attend technical meetings to improve knowledge of appropriate topics.
• Participate in in-house technical presentations by ingredient and equipment suppliers.
• Develop contacts with experienced professionals in the food industry.
• Review trade journals to keep current on developments in the industry.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge of food processing/assembly and/or preparation.
• Willing to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time.
• Capable of communicating effectively with Operations, QA, Product Development Team.
• Hands-on oriented as well as results-oriented.
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
• Team player.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel are required.
• Able to routinely lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs.