We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods!
We are looking for a R&D Technologist to focus on the lab/plant execution of new pre-cooked, center-of-the plate protein items, including the actualization of desired flavor, texture and appearance profiles within the cost and quality constraints provided. Project and product involvement will extend from formulation through production-floor test runs and final production start-up acceptance and ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Under the supervision of the R&D Manager and Director, executes against new product and package design, formulation and development process
- Ensures product formulations, specifications and implementation meet corporate and client requirements, relative to cost, quality and consistency
- Ensures new products and packaging are on time and executable
- Identifies opportunities to improve existing processes and packing methods, efficiency and productivity
- Assists Quality and Production Teams with resolution of process control and product quality opportunities
- Leverages involvement and technical expertise to improve facility health, safety and sanitation measures
- Contributes to overall facility regulatory compliance
- Involved in product presentations to customers
- Researches ingredient and market trends
- Involved in Pilot Plant test runs
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3-5 years of prior experience in food formulation and food processing (meat focus desired)
- Awareness of related packaging technologies
- Strong understanding of food industry standards of quality and food safety, as well as FDA and USDA regulations
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Strong knowledge of Nutritional Data Base Genesis, as well as Microsoft Office
- Must have good vision and sense of taste.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Exposure to manufacturing processes and equipment for periodic extended workdays
- Use of tools, equipment and machinery
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods
- Walking or standing on various surface types
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.
About Home Market Foods
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and food service customers.
HMF’s core business makes it the Nation’s leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF’s branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect, RollerBites, Gourmet to Go, and Bahama Mama trademarks. Our outstanding line of products can be found at a variety of supermarkets, club stores, mass merchandisers and convenience stores, among others.
Home Market Foods operates in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and research and development facility in Norwood, Massachusetts. The company is focused on continually investing in people and facilities to ensure an optimal work environment for employees and the highest quality products for consumers.