We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods!
Home Market Foods is seeking a Regulatory Manager to provide technical expertise to ensure USDA/ FDA compliance of company products and packaging, including impending regulations. This role will manage the tracking of all regulatory quality management programs and work cross functionally with other departments, such as R&D, production, marketing, as well as with sales people, vendors, and government agencies. The Manager will also directly lead a team of Regulatory Specialists to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Develops and implements strategies and procedures to meet the requirements of the global regulatory environment
- Manage and develop a team of Regulatory Specialists
- Assures regulatory compliance of all labels, cases and promotional material with applicable rules and regulations of USDA & FDA
- Reviews and approves ingredient statements for regulatory compliance
- Acts as SQF Certification Coordinator
- Provides technical support to production, QA, R&D, sales, consumer affairs, and customers
- Gains USDA approval on all applicable products and obtain extensions when required
- Drafts and maintains all documentation associated with these functions: FDA, FSMA, State and Local regulatory compliance
- Creates product specifications for all products and keeps them up-to-date
- Maintains documentation of work as required
- Maintains a safe working environment and participates actively in safety programs
- Monitors all HACCP requirements and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in regulatory science, nutrition, food science, biology or related field
- 1-4 years of related experience with a food or beverage company in regulatory compliance
- Critical knowledge of USDA/ FDA / CFIA and export regulations
- Strong knowledge of SQF Certification process, focusing on regulatory compliance
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced, environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience in leading and motivating a staff
- Ability to safely and comfortably lift 25 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time up to 8 hours
- Work in a kitchen setting on various surface types
- Exposure to microwaves and testing equipment
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.
About Home Market Foods
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and food service customers.
HMF’s core business makes it the Nation’s leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF’s branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect, RollerBites, Gourmet to Go, and Bahama Mama trademarks. Our outstanding line of products can be found at a variety of supermarkets, club stores, mass merchandisers and convenience stores, among others.
Home Market Foods operates in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and research and development facility in Norwood, Massachusetts. The company is focused on continually investing in people and facilities to ensure an optimal work environment for employees and the highest quality products for consumers.