We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods!
We are looking for a Culinary Innovation & Research Chef to support the product development team from ideation, to education, to sell-in with the customer. Priority areas of support will include identifying and educating the organization on current/future food trends, driving a food-forward culture and supporting internal and external corporate events. The position will also assist with new product development projects and will work closely with a cross-functional teams to bring innovation to life.
- Participate & contribute in cross-functional teams to drive new product innovation
- Act as the culinary expert for corporate events, trends presentations, and product innovation
- Drive innovation through research on all platforms, including trends within food industry, menu development and in-market analysis
- Identify and communicate food trends and bring thoese trends to life across the organization through tasting, presentations, etc.
- Support various groups including sales, marketing, communications, regulatory, supply chain and procurement on culinary-focused initiatives to provide the proper culinary lenses to drive the success of these projects
- Execute culinary cuttings with key stakeholders including Senior Leadership team and external customers
- Support all corporate events, internal and external
- Associates degree in culinary arts or science required; Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or science or related field preferred
- Strong culinary background and skills required; restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to identify food trends and bring to life with food experiences
- Experience on front-end innovation, particularly in culinary design preferred
- Experience in trends identification and development
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of food science and technical application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Analytical & logical problem solving ability
- Ability to travel up to 30% to support operating groups and customer needs
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Sound time management skills
- Sound creative ability
- Ability to safely and comfortably lift 25 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time up to 8 hours
- Work in a kitchen setting on various surface types
- Exposure to microwaves and testing equipment
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.
About Home Market Foods
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and food service customers.
HMF’s core business makes it the Nation’s leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF’s branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect, RollerBites, Gourmet to Go, and Bahama Mama trademarks. Our outstanding line of products can be found at a variety of supermarkets, club stores, mass merchandisers and convenience stores, among others.
Home Market Foods operates in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and research and development facility in Norwood, Massachusetts. The company is focused on continually investing in people and facilities to ensure an optimal work environment for employees and the highest quality products for consumers.