PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Quality Manager is responsible for program development and implementation at both Corporate as well as at the Plant level.
This position reports to the Director of Quality and Food Safety and supervises the document control and customer/consumer service functions and employees. This position works closely with plant staff, purchasing, customer service, product development, sales and marketing, customers, consumers, outside laboratory staff, government and regulatory agencies, and food association experts.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Tree Top may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Manage the Corporate Customer Service activities and programs. Serve as a corporate liaison between the plants and customers. Establish, maintain, and administer a corrective action and preventative action program that is rooted at Corporate and executed company-wide. May manage individuals that work directly with the customer or consumer.
- In collaboration with plant staff, participate in investigating and monitoring production issues for all facilities such as: line setups, contamination and quality attribute issues. Provide input and guidance and investigate any out of specification issues.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge. Serve as a point of contact for questions related to Food Processing. Communicate corporate quality policies, procedures, methods, and SQF Certification issues with plant quality staff. Develop best practices for audit preparation and implementation.
- Serve as the SQF Program Owner. Review, draft, monitor, and advise on SQF re-certification functions. Work with plants to prepare them to meet SQF deadlines.
- Manage programs to submit government forms to meet Acidified Food requirements. Act as liason with the Process Authority and Manage FDA filings. Coordination with outside organizations to validate plant processes to meet 5 log reductions.
- Provide leadership and supervision of an Administrative Support, Technical Services Representatives, and Consumer Affairs Specialist. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring, and evaluating job results.
- Work with Corporate Sanitarian to mitigate Quality and Food Safety concerns. Contribute to the establishment of Corporate Sanitation Standards.
- Partner with Senior Quality Staff. Establish long term Tree Top Quality Standards. Establish or maintain adequate communication channels to provide adequate feedback and continuous improvement.
- Establish or maintain proper prerequisite programs to support compliance.
- Serves as a key contributor to process development in both business and manufacturing systems and supports adequate documentation and control of those systems. Monitor change control process to ensure adequate mitigation of any Food Safety risk.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Solid knowledge of food safety and food quality standards and requirements (regulatory and customer).
- Principles and practices of advanced math and statistics.
- Pertinent Federal, State, local, and company laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to the quality and safety of foods, including: food laws, organic regulations, allergens, Prop 65, and pesticide and heavy metal limits.
- Thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected manufacturing facilities.
- Conduct risk assessment analysis and cause/correction action reviews to resolve quality issues.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, regulatory and procedure manuals.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in Tree Top’s performance management and development process.