Food Chemistry, Food Engineering, Food Health & Nutrition
4 Year Degree
We are looking for a hands-on and experienced Senior Flavorist to work with a team of Flavorists and Application Technologists focused on delivering global and regional flavor innovation.
• Create flavor and taste modification compounds for PROVA US to drive success with both customer and internally-driven projects. Using a “customer first” approach, will meet project goals and deliver winning taste profiles to customers while meeting their cost targets.
• Work closely with our applications team, regulatory and manufacturing to drive the global and regional product success and to deliver safe, legal, stable and consistent flavors to our customers.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge base with the flavor regulatory, raw material, and industry landscape and challenges;
• Successfully transition from bench top prototypes to large scale commercialization in support of global and regional growth initiatives. Understand technical roadmaps, hurdles and key challenges. Final flavors are manufacturing-friendly and sustainable within the PROVA system.
• In conjunction with local and France-based Procurement, interface and build strategic sourcing networks and effective working relationships with vendors; • Provide technical expertise and support to other functional groups within the company such as Quality, Commercialization Engineers, Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sensory and Regulatory
• B.S. or M.S. (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Food Science or related discipline with a minimum of 7 years’ experience working with ingredients and creating flavors in the flavor industry
• Certified Flavor Chemist (SOFC or equivalent) strongly preferred
• Deep knowledge in all aspects of flavors and flavor application for different food and beverage systems. Demonstrate strong technical skills, specifically in the creation and optimization of flavors, under varying processing conditions.
• A proven track record in flavor development and hands-on bench capability; successful creation and commercialization of flavors and an in-depth knowledge of, natural extracts, aroma chemicals and essential oils.
• Ability to collaborate with an international team, with strong communication and leadership skills
About PROVA Inc.
We are a thriving international food ingredient company with our US headquarters in the northeast US. We have exciting plans for growth in this position and in the US team, overall. We are building out a new US headquarters, including a greatly expanded applications kitchen and lab.