Privately-owned, highly-accredited, independent testing laboratory located in New Orleans, LA, seeks candidates for the position of Laboratory Manager (Floor Supervisor). Laboratory Manager (Floor Supervisor) is responsible for direct oversight of chemists/analysts and instrumentation involved with providing analytical services for grains, oilseeds, meals, fats and oils, and related commodities according to AOCS, AOAC, ISO, and similar compendial methodologies.
A partial list of the duties of this position includes:
Overseeing and managing chemists performing routine analytical testing
Assisting chemists in troubleshooting and resolving laboratory issues
Overseeing and implementing training for chemists
Ensuring equipment/instrumentation used for testing is properly maintained and operated
Maintaining adequate inventory of laboratory supplies
Assisting the Laboratory Director in administration of day-to-day laboratory operations
Laboratory Manager (Floor Supervisor) reports directly to the Laboratory Director, Vice President, and President. The position offers a competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the applicant. Benefits include a profit-sharing retirement program, paid vacation, and health insurance coverage.
To be considered for the position, applicants should attach a copy of their resume or CV for review.
1) B.S. in chemistry, food science, or related field; M.S. is preferred
2) At least three years of managerial experience
3) 5-10 years of experience conducting analytical testing for agricultural commodities (AOCS, AOAC, ISO, etc.)
4) Technical proficiency in all manner of laboratory operations, including instrumentation, testing, administration, and quality management systems
5) Ability to use initiative and judgment to resolve issues independently
6) Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
About Thionville Laboratories, LLC
For nearly 60 years, Thionville Laboratories, LLC has been providing clients with accurate and reliable analytical testing services for a wide variety of agricultural commodities, including whole grains, meals, feeds, edible oils, sugars, and molasses.
BACK TO TOP
IFT Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else IFT has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at IFT Career Center.