Culinary, Product Development & Ingredient Innovations, Sensory
4 Year Degree
Sensory Spectrum is hiring a Sensory Analyst/Panel Leader to support a contract with a food retailer in the Austin, TX area. This position supports product development, research and development, quality assurance, compliance, and marketing. This position is responsible for leading and managing the existing descriptive analysis panel, with recruiting and training if needed. This position works with internal client stakeholders to provide timely actionable results that are used to make business decisions. Position begins remotely but candidate must be able to commute to client facility when Covid restrictions are lifted.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions
• Conduct and lead a descriptive analysis panel
• Manage existing descriptive analysis panel including scheduling panelists and tracking attendance
• Review and perform data entry ensuring accuracy and logical consistency
• Prepare products as necessary for sensory evaluation and training
• Prepare reference solutions for descriptive analysis panel
• Work with sensory program manager to determine topics for monthly panel training sessions
• Work with sensory program manager to maintain and update lexicons as needed
• Assist in recruiting, screening, selecting and training new panelists for descriptive analysis panel as needed
• Familiar with use of videoconferencing platforms for meetings
Essential Skills and Experiences • Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• People Management – Ability to supervise and direct others in a collaborative and productive manner to ensure that tasks are completed
• Directing Others
• Functional/Technical Skills
Requirements and Qualifications
• BS Food Science, Sensory Science, Psychology or similar field
• Must have knowledge of sensory science as it relates to consumer-packaged goods products
• Must be detail oriented and extremely organized
• Must possess excellent communication skills and possess the ability drive consensus decisions among panel members
• Must have computer proficiency and familiarity with most Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must have in-depth understanding of sensory science and related business processes
• 2 years’ experience working in the sensory science field
• Descriptive analysis experience and panel leadership experience a plus
• Consumer research experience a plus
• Experience working with XLStat, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, RedJade, SIMS, Compusence a plus
• A passion for food and strong culinary skills are a plus
• General understanding of product development, manufacturing, and commercialization a plus
• Good typing skills and accuracy
• Experience and familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems a plus
Additional Salary Information: initial contract position; may be extended
Internal Number: 3-2021
About Sensory Spectrum, Inc.
Sensory Spectrum is a 35-year-old consulting firm specializing in connecting sensory and consumer insights to drive business success. We are a woman-owned business, globally recognized as a leader in the field of Sensory and Consumer Science. Our founder and president Gail Vance Civille, along with an innovative, multi-disciplinary team of experts, are committed to a holistic understanding of the senses and how they relate to consumer needs, wants and experiences. Capitalizing on our Product Understanding, Consumer Understanding, and Education and Training services, our Managed Services division allows companies access to our world-class capabilities while enjoying the benefits of letting us set-up, hire, train and manage some or all of a company's sensory lab operations.
BACK TO TOP
IFT Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else IFT has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at IFT Career Center.